Posted by Saviera van der Veeken on 03/Dec/2021
- 1 head of red cabbage
- 100 grams walnuts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Cut the red cabbage into slices around 1/2 inch thick and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to make a marinade. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Baste the red cabbage generously with the marinade, but set aside a small amount for basting the cabbage while baking.
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake the red cabbage covered for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the foil, turn the red cabbage steaks and baste them with the remaining marinade.
- Bake the red cabbage for another 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Serve the red cabbage steak with the chopped walnuts and arugula.
Serving tip! Tastes great combined with crispy potatoes and a fresh salad. Want to add meat to the recipe? Sauté some ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper and combine with the walnuts and arugula before serving. Bon appetit!