- 6 fresh jalapeños, sliced lengthwise with the seeds removed
- 100 g of room temperature cream cheese
- 60 g of freshly grated cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 12 bacon slices
- 12 wooden cocktail sticks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and add the grated cheese, garlic and paprika. Mix them together. Add salt to taste. Using a tablespoon, fill the jalapeño halves with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap the cheese-filled jalapeños in bacon and use a cocktail stick to keep the bacon in place. Place the wrapped peppers on the baking tray and place the tray in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the bacon is crispy. For extra crispy bacon, you can broil the peppers for the last two minutes in the oven. Serve immediately!