- 3, 5 or 7 cheeses – not sharp but mild ones
- Summer fruits
- Fruit-compote, for example figs or apricots
- Dried meat/sausages, for example Spianata Romana of parma ham
You can create a cheese platter just the way you like it and with the ingredients that you like the most. The choice is yours, be creative! Here you can find some examples of what is nice to put on a cheese platter with summer theme:
- Add some nuts that you like, for example walnuts, pistachio or pecan.
- The most important thing of all: add lots of delicious summer fruits like watermelon, strawberries and blueberries. Vary in color to create the best effect.
- Fold the dried meat a bit so that it looks like a flower. This way it looks a lot more attractive than when it’s presented flat on the serving board. And it’s easier to pick up too.
- Use an uneven number of cheeses. Choose cheeses that are not too sharp, but have a mild flavor. And of course every cheese needs to be from a different cheese family, for example – like in the picture – a red bacterium, white mold & blue-veined cheese.
- A fruit-compote fits perfectly with the stronger taste of blue-veined cheese.
- Add some crackers with for example sea salt, oregano or sesame seeds. Try to avoid ones with garlic or onion, because of their strong taste.
Do you use a wooden serving board? Make sure that you protect it with BOSKA Board Oil. This because red colored fruits can create stains.