Posted by Boska Holland on 27/Dec/2017
Tips & tricks for fonduing
Fondue is the ideal way to bring people together. Invite your friends and family over for a fun night in!
For a truly carefree evening, we've got some tips and tricks.
- Before using the fondue pot, immerse it in cold water for two hours. This creates a chemical process that promotes the hardness of the fondue pot. Since not everyone uses a fondue every week, we recommend doing this before each use. If you use your fondue regularly, then it is not necessary to do this every time.
- Never leave the fondue burner unattended when lit. This is an OPEN FIRE.
- Always place the fondue set on a stable and flat surface.
- NEVER place flammable materials (cloth, paper, etc.) near the set when in use;
- After preparing the cheese fondue, in order to prevent it from scorching, keep it warm and stir frequently.
- Never move the fondue set when hot.
- Do not overfill the fondue pot or otherwise the contents may splatter over the edge.
- Keep the outside of the fondue pot clean so that the pot does not catch fire.
- All parts of the set become extremely hot during use. Allow the fondue set to cool off completely after use before moving it.
- Never allow children to use the fondue set unattended.
- Never clean with a hard-bristle brush, abrasive materials, baking soda, disinfecting or corrosive cleaning agents.
- Make sure the fondue set has cooled off completely before moving it.
- Never immerse the base in water or other liquids. Clean the base using a wet cloth and dish soap.
- Clean the fondue pot with hot water and dish soap.
- Never clean with a hard-bristle brush, abrasive materials, baking soda, disinfecting or corrosive cleaning agents