Fondue on the photo: Tapas Fondue Bianco
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g mushrooms sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 60 ml dry white wine or rose
- 125 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 130 g grated parmesan grated
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oil and melt butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and slowly cook until golden brown for about 4 minutes
- Add the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute
- Add the white wine. Stir, scraping the bottom of the skillet, for 1 minute or until mostly evaporated.
- Add the cream and parmesan. Stir and lower the heat to medium so the sauce is simmering, do not boil.
- Stir occasionally and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes until it thickens. Add the thyme and season with some salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to the Tapas Fondue and light the tea light to keep the sauce warm.