Fondue on the photo: Tapas Fondue Bianco
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (finely grated)
- 120 ml coconut milk
- 140 g chunky peanut butter
- 60 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander (ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepot.
- Add the shallot, garlic and ginger and cook over moderately low heat. Stir occasionally until softened for about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and 70 ml of water and whisk until blended.
- Whisk in the sugar, crushed red pepper, coriander, cinnamon and Worcestershire sauce; if a thinner sauce is desired, add a little more water.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to the Tapas Fondue and light the tealight to keep the sauce warm.