Fondue on the photo: Tapas Fondue Bianco
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 250 ml whole milk
- 170 g cheddar (shredded)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Add the butter and flour to a small sauce pot. Heat and whisk the butter and flour together until they become bubbly and foamy. Continue to cook and whisk the bubbly mixture for about 60 seconds.
- Whisk the milk into the flour and butter mixture. Turn the heat up slightly and allow the milk to come to a simmer while whisking. Allow the mixture to thicken and turn the heat to low
- Stir in the shredded cheddar, one handful at a time, until melted into the sauce, turn off the heat.
- Once all the cheese is melted into the sauce, stir in the salt and chili powder. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the sauce to the Tapas Fondue and light the tealight to keep the sauce warm.